I’m pleased to be able to release Maverick 1.0. This version adds considerable selectivity to the search. It has a basic implementation of Late Move Reduction and Beta pruning. In my tests it is about 2500 ELO on the CCRL scale, so it’s time to give it the 1.0 version number.
A full list of changes are:
- Added Late Move Reduction
- Added beta pruning (inspired by Senpai)
- Added unstoppable pawn code
- Added king and pawn endgame knowledge
- Added knight outpost bonus
- Added refutation moves to the move ordering
There are also ARM and Linux version included for the first time (thanks Jim Ablett)
I’m pleased with the style of play. Maverick aggression coupled with its positional naivety makes for interesting play! If you play against chess engines I’d be interested in any feedback.
You can download Maverick 1.0 from the Download Page