Today I’m releasing Maverick 0.60. The main changes are as follows:
- Added support for Chess960
- Added basic king safety (this makes the playing style much more attractive)
- Fixed a problem with using the opening book with Arena
- Fixed an obscure bug which could crash the engine after a stop command
- Transferred source code to Github (https://github.com/stevemaughan/maverick.git)
- Made a bazillion tweaks which may, or may not, help!
In self play matches against 0.51 it shows an improvement of about 50 ELO. I’m hoping this will translate to a real-world strength increase of at least 30 ELO.
I’m now about to start working on improving the selective search!
You can download it on the download page