Version 1.0 by Fabien Letouzey – 2014-03-17
I have recently regained interest in computer chess. By a coincidence (or fate?), Joachim Rang and Ryan Benitez are also active once again.
I have been working on a new GPL engine: Senpai.
The highlights compared to Fruit are:
- from-scratch engine (no Fruit code)
- SMP search
- plain bitboards (I will implement magic bitboards later)
- more precise mobility (safety, centre weights)
- evaluation of tactical moves: captures and checks
- late-move pruning (last few plies)
- more aggressive futility pruning
Have fun with Senpai!